For most of us, everyday life is full and busy. And all this work can become a way of life a bit of autopilot, where we just keep moving, day after day.
And the faster we go, the more we do, the less we tend to pause and reconnect with what really matters deep in our hearts. And then it’s too easy to lose our way.
So there is a huge amount of value in making room in our lives from time to time, to take a break and check ourselves out.
Here are some tips to help you register with yourself:
You might like to meditate on it or write the answers in a diary or a voice note on the phone.
- Am I making time for the things that really matter?
- What, if anything, keeps me awake at night?
- Am I living in a way that I feel really connected to my values?
- What conversations have I been postponing that are really important?
- What decisions should be made that have not been made?
- Am I the person I want to be?
- What about something I keep in my head constantly that needs to be addressed?
- Where do I need help or support that hasn’t been communicated yet?
- What could be improved in my relationships? What can I do to make this happen?
* To get the most out of this practice, check to see if you can occupy a quiet space of the day (the best would be 30 minutes or more) to allow the most authentic answers to come from the bottom of your heart and intestines instead of only the initial superficial answers that may come directly to the head.
While we may think we are too busy to take time to pause and reflect, when we do, we let go of all distractions, reconnect with our heart and wisdom, and make sure we don’t fall for each other. once again. of course of the life that is faithful to us.
Then we can use this information to guide us down the path we take. We can let go of some things that are not essential or that are not aligned with who we are and we can start spending our time prioritizing the things that matter most.
By doing regular checks like this we can grow in self-knowledge and wisdom and continue to adjust our inner compass to the true north and to a life full of meaning, purpose, connection and fulfillment.
I wish you all the best with this practice and, as always, thank you for your practice and your presence here in this community.
Lots of love, Melli
Photo of Mitchell Hartley activated Splash
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.